We are looking for four up-and-coming professional Māori actors for the 2019 Y&H Tour to secondary schools, I AM MĀORI.
Directed by Nancy Brunning, I AM MĀORI showcases extracts from plays by Māori playwrights.
The programme will touch on topics such as family issues, politics and land rights, with a common thread being ordinary people doing extraordinary things to change their world, no matter who they are or their background. It is the connection to their culture that gives them great strength to fight their battles and find the hero within.
Confirmed excerpts include scenes from Hone Kouka’s Waiora, Briar Grace-Smith’s Ngā Pou Wāhine and Astroman by Albert Belz.
Available roles: two male, two female – all Māori
Rehearsals: 7 April – 29 April, 2019 – in Wellington
Tour dates: 30 April – 22 June, 2019 (see calendar)
We are looking for:
- Confident speakers of Te Reo
- Can hold a tune/ sing a waiata – playing an instrument is a bonus but not necessary
- Open, talented (whether from training or experience), be strong in your own opinion but also able to create a safe and supportive team spirit
- A willingness to muck in and get along are essential
- Full drivers licence desired – the cast tour by themselves with the support of head office and a minimum of two full licences required for health and safety
Auckland: Saturday 2 February, 2019 Wellington: Saturday 9 February, 2019
On registration, a script will be sent out in preparation for the audition
How to apply
To audition: please send your C.V. and a separate photo to Natasha Thyne – [email protected]
Let us know which audition centre you’d like to attend and your preference for a morning or afternoon session.
For any queries please contact Natasha at the email address above or call 04 385 8227
**Y&H Tours recommends EQUITY New Zealand