To make an enquiry or book the 2020 Y&H Tour to come to your school in May, June or July 2020 email us or call 04 385 8227.
The Y&H Tour (I AM MĀORI, OUTLIERS) is back for 2020 with a 50-minute no tech programme of NZ Theatre that comes direct to your classroom or auditorium.
Touring in term two of 2020 – May 5 through to July 3 (see below for full calendar).
Directed by Shane Bosher, WHADDARYA? will feature extracts from Kiwi plays depicting the common theme of ‘NZ identity’ and what it means to be a New Zealander.
Shane is approaching the theme of ‘NZ identity’ by taking excerpts from plays that focus on important events in New Zealand’s history that have helped to shape who we are. While our family whakapapa will determine much of our individual identity, landmark events have helped to shape our collective identity.
Performance Set Up
- Performed in traverse (audience on the two long sides)
- Preferred performance space of 9m by 5m
- Audience generally seated on the floor with some chairs at the back of the audience
- No lighting or sound set up required
- Ideally suited to drama students in years 10-13
- Maximum audience of 150
- Every performance is followed by a 5 minute Q&A (built in to the 50 minute programme)
- An extension of the Q&A can be arranged at the time of booking or the performance can be followed by an optional workshop.
The programme will feature excerpts from playwrights on the NZQA prescribed reading list.
Along with the performance at your school, your booking includes a study guide with:
- A master script
- Playwright bios and play synopses
- a digital filming of the performance (filmed at the end of the tour and available through to the end of the year)
- notes and information from the creative team,
- and pre and post show activities and exercises tailored to exam requirements prepared by Kim Bonnington.
Optional Workshop Available
An optional workshop is available to follow the performance ($100 + GST). The workshop will explore drama components as set out in the NZC to align how the elements, conventions, techniques and technologies in the show create ideas at specific moments.
$750 + gst for one show (maximum 150 viewers)
$350 + gst per additional show in the same school, on the same day.
$100 + gst per workshop
Please talk to us if you’re finding funding difficult. There may be a school in your area you can share a performance with or we have a limited number of assistance grants that you may be eligible for.
An invoice for a non-refundable deposit of $250+gst will be issued on booking. All deposits are to be paid before the tour starts.
The invoice for the balance will be issued immediately after the performance day and is payable by the 20th of the month following.
Schools cancelling within 10 days of a scheduled performance will be invoiced for 50% of the balance due ($250 +gst).
Schools cancelling within 48 hours of a scheduled performance will be invoiced for the full balance due ($500 +gst).
The tour will start in Wellington in the second week of term 2, 2020 on May 5th. The tour will then make its way around the country and finish back in Wellington on July 3rd.
Below is the provisional tour route. If you can’t see your area represented or the proposed tour dates to your area don’t fit, please talk to us, we will work hard to fit you in.
Week 1: Wellington
Week 2: Nelson/ Marlborough/ Christchurch
Week 3: Mid & South Canterbury/ Otago
Week 4: Manawatu/ Taranaki/ Waikato
Week 5: Auckland
Week 6: Northland
Week 7: Auckland/ Coromandel/ Bay of Plenty
Week 8: Gisborne/ Hawkes Bay
Week 9: Wairarapa/ Wellington
Check out the calendar for when the tour will be in your area, then fill out the form below with your preferred dates or you can email [email protected] at any time.